Auctioneer Harry Davis & Co. is auctioning off assets from an old Nestle facility in MN, promising a wide range of processing equipment at bargain prices.
The sale, with bidding Aug. 13-15 at the site and online, will dispatch with a broad range of processing equipment. Hillary Parker of Harry Davis told FoodProductionDaily.com that the chance to snap up the used gear offers food operations a number of benefits.
“Buying used equipment is both cheaper and efficient, as the equipment is available immediately,” she said. “There’s no need to wait for it to be produced.”
According to Harry Davis president and senior appraiser Leonard Davis, the auction is a “can’t miss” event for any processing pro looking to expand or replace outdated equipment.
“This auction will offer premium equipment at a significant cost savings,” Davis said.
Highlights of the auction include:
- more than 40 stainless steel process tanks
- pasteurization and processing systems, including aseptic processing, dry products mixing and packaging equipment
- A total of 12 product-filling lines, including a new Sidel Simonazzi bottle-filling line and four Tetra Pak Brik aseptic package fillers
- assorted other packaging and support equipment
- general plant and material handling equipment
- boilers, air compressors, refrigeration and air handling equipment
- electric forklifts, hundreds of pallet rack sections, plant maintenance shops and tools
- five fully-equipped laboratories, offices and hundreds of plant fixtures.
Parker said that while equipment buyers are responsible for transporting their purchases to their final destination, Harry Davis reps can assist. For this auction, two different transport companies (insured to handle the specialized equipment) will be available.
To view the auction catalog and learn more about the sale, visit the auctioneer’s site here .
To see Nestle's Q2 2013 results click here .